GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
It was funny till I got to the picture of those pigs. They are crammed in so tight they probably cant breath. Thats just not right.

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Which comes first the "Egg Bike"....or the "Chicken Bike"? 8)

·
Registered
786 Posts
twodogs1800 said:
It was funny till I got to the picture of those pigs. They are crammed in so tight they probably cant breath. Thats just not right.
You never tried putting a pig in a basket I see.
Those pigs aren't breathing when they went into that basket,

ah, the good ole days, I sure don't miss being over there at all. seems like a bad dream.

·
Registered
19,057 Posts
Very Funny-On the first picture the five people combined are still under the limit on some two up wing riders I have seen.

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
Seems like I have been there

·
Registered
536 Posts
The bike with the pigs on it looks like the Honda Trail 90 I used to have. Are they still making those?

(Or, maybe that's still the 1964 version that I had :shock: )

·
Registered
868 Posts
Based on what I could read (not much) and my past experience, no doubt thats Vietnam. Again, based on my experience, I will say, they are the most resourceful people I've ever known. They can do almost anything with absolutely nothing.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Iwing, where did you get those pictures? Reminds me of Thailand. Very resorceful people.

Soemone said, why not get a trailer. Money! Also, no need for a trailer. As you can see, some of these bike are not overloaded yet.

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Patriot said:
Iwing, where did you get those pictures? Reminds me of Thailand. Very resorceful people.

Soemone said, why not get a trailer. Money! Also, no need for a trailer. As you can see, some of these bike are not overloaded yet.
Came to me from a friend via e-mail. It doesn't give any information.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
And I bet you none of them complain about

THE WOBBLE !!!!!!
or
HORSEPOWER
or
TIRES
or
SEATS

just about the LACK of SPACE !!!!!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Bob said:
The bike looks like the Honda Trail 90 I used to have. Are they still making those?
MotorcycleJapanDecember 17 , 2002
Total Super Cub Production Reaches 35 Million Units

Tokyo, February 14, 2002 --- Honda Motor Co., Ltd. has announced that total production of its Super Cub has reached 35 million units in the 44 years and three months since it first went on sale in August 1958.

The first-generation Super Cub, developed under the direction of company founder Soichiro Honda, was designed to be a new type of versatile scooter that anyone could ride with ease. At a time when 2-stroke engines were the norm, the Super Cub was fitted with a revolutionary, high-performance 50cc 4-stroke engine that offered superb economy and durability. The creative design also featured a low-floor backbone frame for easy mounting and dismounting, large plastic leg shields to protect riders' legs from dirt and wind, and other innovations.

Since then the Super Cub has undergone many improvements, resulting in remarkable increases in both driving performance and fuel economy, but the basic design and concepts remain unchanged. Its original styling has made it the scooter of choice for business use-in fact, the name "Cub" has become synonymous with working scooters.

The Super Cub was first exported to the U.S. in 1959, and since then has been popular with customers in more than 160 countries worldwide. Currently manufactured in fourteen countries centered in the expanding motorcycle market of South-East Asia, the Super Cub is a practical scooter that enjoys a strong reputation around the world.

:wink:

·
Registered
949 Posts
Those pigs weren't breath'en but I bet they were smell'in. :lol:

·
Registered
552 Posts
Kandgo said:
Only one rider wearing a helmet in the whole bunch, they must not be members of GWRRA?? :wink:
They're wearing sandals though, so that ought to count for something :wink:

·
Registered
601 Posts
Bob said:
The bike with the pigs on it looks like the Honda Trail 90 I used to have. Are they still making those?

(Or, maybe that's still the 1964 version that I had :shock: )
The wheels are too big to be a Trail 90..
I had a Honda Trail 70 .. It was Awesome when I was 8... 35 MPH was fast.. (Down Hill that is..)

and those funky handlebars ...
Got my first motorcycle related Stitches from that bike ... Cool 8)

·
Registered
826 Posts
Snoppy said:
Yep me too. That is Viet Nam.

Vinh Phat, Quan and Trang are Vietnamese words. Never knew what they meant but they were so prevalent, you never forget them. The aromas of a Vietnamese market are something you never forget either.

As someone else stated very resourceful people. They can literally make something out of nothing.

Ran Hwy 1 from Cam Rahn Bay to Nha Trang, Qui Nhon and Phu Cat in convoys numerous times. Deuce drivers would give one blast of the air horn as a warning to the mopeds to get out of the way. No second warning, they would roll right over them and never stop.

I would like to go back and ride it on my Wing but Vietnam has a limit of 175cc on engine displacement. Supposedly that was to be lifted to allow for the sale of Harleys there (not sure who could afford one) but as far as I know is still in place.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Terpen said:
Snoppy said:
Yep me too. That is Viet Nam.

Ran Hwy 1 from Cam Rahn Bay to Nha Trang, Qui Nhon and Phu Cat in convoys numerous times. Deuce drivers would give one blast of the air horn as a warning to the mopeds to get out of the way. No second warning, they would roll right over them and never stop.
I drove a 5 ton dump truck, based in Phan Rang. I never ran anyone over, but we would drive kinda fast through the vills during the monsoon season. Water was deep in the streets, and would wash up into the stores. Later on, I drove a civilian cement mixer; would dump the load, rinse the drum, then fill it with the remaining water from the tank. Turn the chute to the left, hit discharge when meeting scooters and lambrettas, giving them much needed showers. I think there's still a price on my head. :lol:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts