GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
2,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Posting this story about a close friend who spent a ton of cash upgrading his 2005 only to almost be permanently taken out on his first ride for his efforts.

Here is the list of what he did

Undercut Gears
Full Traxxion suspension front and rear
All Balls Steering
Centramatic Balancers
Hi Temp Brake Fluid
Amsoil
Did not fit crush washer trying to save weight
WalMart Oil Filter
Car Tire

So as you can see he spent a fortune on this bike he only got 5 miles down the road and was hit by a falling NASA satellite worst of all he was not wearing a helmet.

:joke:

·
Registered
672 Posts
Bike is for sale as it survived WITHOUT INJURY. :thumbup:

·
Registered
569 Posts
If he had fit the crush washer its antimagnetic function would have made the satelite veer off & saved his life

·
Registered
19,068 Posts
How much for the car tire only? My car might need a spare

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
That will learn him. Omitting a crush washer is very dangerous stuff. :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
I think it was the WalMart filter. They are very attractive.

·
Registered
525 Posts
I want that bike gotta be worth a ton of money as a collectors item.:excited:

·
Banned
7,604 Posts
I see, by the list, he was smart enough not to fall for that BikeMP3 story, nor the GL2Way-whatever that is

PS:
No joke: I really like my BikeMP3 and wish the GL2Way was available back when I spent all those big bucks on the Honda CB!

·
Banned
11,396 Posts
Posting this story about a close friend who spent a ton of cash upgrading his 2005 only to almost be permanently taken out on his first ride for his efforts.

Here is what he did

Undercut Gears

So as you can see he spent a fortune on this bike he only got 5 miles down the road and was hit by a falling NASA satellite worst of all he was not wearing a helmet.

:joke:
Did the only voice get taken out with it??:shrug::nojoke:

·
Registered
902 Posts
I'LL be alright,should have atgatt tho...now i know what it feels like to hit by a bus. Been hit by everything esle...BS:lol:

·
Registered
480 Posts
Is it true? I overheard that the the owner of the bike used only Kuryakyn add on parts in the understanding that the chrome that peels off and away would lighten and streamline the bike.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts