GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering who the youngest rider is. I am 23 and should have my GW within a month or two. I have two other bikes (00 GSXR-750, 03 CBR600RR) but I need something for serious touring.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Im 27, working on 28 here in the next month. I started riding Wings when I was 20-21. Started off on a 78 GL1000 which I just recently sold to MarkJ on this board. Got a 1800 in November of 04. I used to go to some GWRRA rallies and I would get the youngest rider award. The last one I went to, my wife (girlfriend at the time) and I both got the youngest rider award.

·
Banned
4,623 Posts
My 17 month old grandson rode on my Wing. He has not bought one yet.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Bought my first Wing in 78 at the tender age of 19. 8)

·
Registered
5,252 Posts
since the question was youngest rider , I guess Tom's grand son is the winner at this point?

8)

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
Sassy was 28 when she got her Wing..

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
In this months Wing World, they claim the youngest rider attending Wing Ding was 15. I thought you had to be 16 to get an operators license...

·
Registered
418 Posts
Well I have given both my grandkids a ride on my wing and valkyrie at the tender age of 9 months old and they both grinned from ear to ear and even giggled a little!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Well Captain, here in Iowa you can get a Motorcycle Permit, just like a car permit, a licensed driver must be close when he drives. I know this because I'm the father of the Youngest driver at Wing Ding this year. He road his 750 Shadow there and then we went farther, we drove over 2100 miles. :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
My wife ( TBB ) says I act like a six year old, does that count :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: <stomping feet>

·
Registered
325 Posts
picked up my first GW two months ago at age 33

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
At 36 Im on my 3rd...

82 silverwing (GL500A)(?)
87 GL1200A
05 GL1800

various other bikes in between...

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
We took rides when Brenda was 8 months pregnant :) he is now 4 and we just went on a short trip to campout with friends. I got my first wing a 1976 at age 20 or so. After my buddy kept runing off while i was on my KZ1000 :) he left me in the dust on the long haul. I been hooked and am on number 7 now.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
According to my wife, I act like a 12 yr old when on the Wing. But alas, the DL says I am really 49, but I don't believe it!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts