GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Your Favorite Mount Opion

• RAM Mount

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • EK Mount

• Tom Finke's Mount

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would like to know how many of you folks use the GPS,XM RADIO AND Misc Mount Holder
Also please state why you like or dislkes .
Thanks and Ride Safe
Edmund

·
Registered
6,053 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
I chose the dashmout also. I hope when I get it, it will work as good as I think it will. :wink:

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Jon said:
None of the above! :)
I'm "Very" Happy with Jon's mount. It's very secure, easy to see and read my Garmin ? And IMO it adds to the lines of the bike.

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
JON'S mount.. His has done a great job for me and keeps the Iway right in front just below my sight line. I can glance at it and not really take my eyes off the road.

I did sit on other peoples bikes and I did not like looking "down right" or looking "down left".

Now on my Nomad I have the Iway mounted on a Handlebar Ram mount. I am using the longest arm I could find so I could raise the Iway as much as possible. It is ok, but the vibration factor is greater with this set-up.

Ross

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
The Texelent bar is the best mount, I've tried a lot but texelent is the most expensive , Honda direct sells them, you get what you pay for

·
Banned
1,477 Posts
I too must state that your poll selection lacks the opportunity to choose the the "dash mount".
My vote is unequivocably for the dash mount. (Jon's at "goldwinggadgets")
The positioning of the GPS on this mount is WHERE a GPS should be mounted.
Which is in your direct line of sight.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I voted for Tom Finke's (I pretty sure you ment Tom Finch's) mount, aka the Texelant accessory bar mount. :D

·
Registered
252 Posts
GPS Mount - QREMM-SL Quick Release Mount with Safety Latch

QREMM-SL Quick Release Mount with Safety Latch Features:

1) Ease of use (Mount or remove GPS in seconds)
2) Safety latch to prevent GPS from accidently falling off the bike
3) Almost unlimited mounting positions
4) Added utility- It's also a video camera mount. Takes seconds to swap your GPS for a Video Camera.
5) Quality construction
6) Works with RAM-Mount system

See video demos at http://mountinginnovations.com/Video/Demos.htm

Visit our website at http://mountinginnovations.com or call us at 512-699-8611 for additional information.

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Just finished installing Jon's mount and have to say that it was a snap. Really like having the I-Way in my direct line of site.

·
Registered
45 Posts
selection #4 Jon's mount, First class unit/service.
Ride Safe, Kevin

1 - 20 of 21 Posts