GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the best rode in your state to ride?

You can only pick one and it has to be in the state you live in.

The Cherohala Skyway in the fall is my favorite.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Route 6 in the fall ( there are many others-you said pick ONE ). Pennsylvania. Be carefull, Pennsylvania has the worst roads in the USA.

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
Route 125 here in Pa. is a ball :thumbup: We have many more but 125 is my favorite

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
Route 6 in the fall ( there are many others-you said pick ONE ). Pennsylvania. Be carefull, Pennsylvania has the worst roads in the USA.
Wow we need to hook up one of these days so I can show you some of the wonderful roads in this area LOL.

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Rt 116 between South Deerfield and Ashfield, MA. Do a Google street view and you will see why.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Favorite Road

This is easy, has to be Hwy 20. Northcascades, Winthrop. Omak, Tonasket. Republic.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This is going great.

I plan on retiring in a few years and the one thing I am going to give to myself is a trip in the United States of America.

I will plan my route using as many of your favorite roads as I can,so keep them coming.:thumbup:

·
Registered
819 Posts
No great roads in Indiana.

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
Hwy 89 from north of Wickenburg through Prescott and then onto 89A through Jerome / Sedona / Oak Creek Canyon up to Flagstaff.
Ah come on, you know it has to be I-10. Runs straight to Texas one way and to the coast the other :).

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Hwy 60 from Suches,Ga to Appalachian hwy(515)
Than stay on 515 and take Mama to blue Ridge,Ga for lunch, and let her browse and shop.
33 miles of twisties and hills.
Mostly 3rd gear.

·
Registered
234 Posts
For Virginia, that's an easy answer. It has to be the 105-mile Skyline Drive along the crest of the Blue Ridge Mountains in Shanendoah National Park. There's only four places you can enter, so it's at least a 25-30 mile ride no matter where you enter...

J.D.

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
No great roads in Indiana.
That may be true for motorcycles, but I did do a wonderful bicycle tour in Southern Indiana a few years back. In fact, it was before I was riding a motorcycle, but thinking about it, and I saw what must have been a GL1200 or GL1500, I think in Nashville. I took one look at it and thought to myself, "I must be crazy if I think I can ride something that big!"

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Hwy 89 from north of Wickenburg through Prescott and then onto 89A through Jerome / Sedona / Oak Creek Canyon up to Flagstaff.
:agree: but I don't live there now-LOL

·
Registered
5,173 Posts
Huge parts of Texas are really hurting, but there are some out in the hill country. We could pick and of the "3-sisters", but I'd pick 336.

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Now to the pooint of the post: Living out here in California where several of American Motorcylist's 15 top motorcycle roads are located it's hard to poick just one, but I'm gonna shift my focus a little north east and say, Utah 12. It's got some pretty good twisties, but mostly it's the cobination of a fun road and great scenery.

·
Registered
524 Posts
219 in West Virginia

1 - 20 of 97 Posts