GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I often get a buzzing type noise from up front on my trike. I have the Michelin Pilot 3 on the front and know it makes noise, but I am not sure about this sound. Recently put a new front fender on and everything is bolted down tight but I get the buzz. If I let off the accelerator a little it quits but in overdrive I get it.??????????

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Could be a vibration or resonance from the new fender. Something too tight or not tight enough?

Might try some small teflon washers between fender and its mounting fasteners.

Just an idea.

Or take it off and reinstall, just a fraction of difference can make a difference.

·
Registered
8,038 Posts
Kit is right. The slightest thing that can go into oscillation/vibration will, and make a noise as it passes through resonance, and back. If you find the resonance spot it will sing like a canarry...

What speeds are we talking about here,,, under 15 or 25, over a hundred,,,,,,,:shrug:

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Do you have the chrome brake rotor covers? I had an annoying vibration noise at low speeds that I finally found to be the covers vibrating helped along by the buzzing Pilot Activ.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Seems to be in the cowling...

Leaning forward and listening at around 30-50 mph, noise seems to be near the speedometer and upper cowl area. Windshield seems tight enough, thought it might be a busted speaker but they seem okay. Haven't found anything loose but it is in the upper cowl area. Thus far it hasn't hurt anything, just a little annoying.:cry:

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have a buzzing noise at 25mph with my mpa mounted in rev
also. It has been that way from day one. Smooth as glass at
all other speeds. Guess thats the way it is.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Had something similar after I had front tire and brakes replaced last year. Ended up being the front fender screw (the long one) wasn't in the right hole. There are three short screws and one long screw. (at least there is on mine) Might double check for that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts