GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would this item
Chrome Front Rotor Covers - GL1800 This pair of ABS chrome Front Rotor Covers for the GL1800 Gold Wing comes with its own mounting hardware to mount to the front forks. Instantly provides cover and dresses up the front rotor discs and lower fork assembly. A larger diameter than OEM to provide better coverage. Big Bike Parts again offers a top quality product, and compare for yourself, this one is less than 1/2 the price of some others on the market. Part number 52-654
Part #: BIG-52654

Price: $89.95

be as good as this one ??

Contoured stamped steel is chrome-plated and provides aerodynamically integrated brake-rotor protection and styling.
Part #: HO-6610760

Price: $288.95

I noticed a small difference in the price, I know one is metal and the other plastic, but would you need metal ??

·
Chard Member
13,063 Posts
I have the Hondaline steel on mine. I had them since my first '01. 120,000 miles later they look like new. I'd buy the Hondaline again. :)

·
Registered
8,038 Posts
I got my Kury's at a rally and they were $79.95 but $89 is about right. I have had them off several times and had no problems what so ever and they look as good as the Hondaline but much less expensive. Unless your going to leave the Price Tag on the when you ride so everyone will know how much they cost. Who's going to know, as far as that goes get the Kury's and but the Honda Price tag on them. HA :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
i have the plastic ones.. had them on my 1500 also for seven years, and they looked great for that whole time.. the steel ones will probably outlive you..

·
Registered
3,678 Posts
neither...Less is more... :D

·
Registered
311 Posts

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
:roll:

I'll take the high road here and just say "To each his/her own". :roll:

I'm lookin' for the flat black ones myself !!!!! :wink:

8)

:flg:

·
Registered
296 Posts
I have the Hondaline as well. You cant beat steel & chrome with plastic! I also have the Tulsa fender extension, and, I think the steel rotor covers are the reason my rear fender section has not cracked. They hold it together.

·
Registered
9,099 Posts
Steel rusts, plastic breaks. Which do you want?

Like Red, I have the high dime tin Honda jobs since 01. No broken or cracked fenders, my long Tulsa fender extension has not broken the fender, and I keep the inside the tin from rusting with a little elbow grease. Don't argue with success. I'll keep the real steel ones.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
I have the plastic; bought them for my '02 about July, 02. After totaling the '02 I swapped them to the '03. They don't look as good now as they did when new and am about to replace them with new plastic.

I figure for the price of Honda's metal covers I can buy three sets of plastic and still be ahead. After four years I'm just about to buy the second set. :wink:

·
Registered
900 Posts
I have the Big Bike rotor covers and they still look good after almost 2 years...

·
Registered
2018 Honda Gold Wing
7,777 Posts
I bought the Kury rotor covers because I liked the Kury Ring of Fire better than the other makes. I have had mine on my bike for around 20,000 miles now and they still look new like. I do clean them alot with Honda spray to keep the road grime off the rotor covers especially around the edges of the rotor covers.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
tvbveb said:
BUTT UGLY, I wouldn't dare put either on a Wing!!! :shock: :shock: :oops:
Had the Kury cheap ass junk that lasted about a year before they looked like doo-doo. Bought the Honda covers on the bay for $100.00 brand new, and they look new after 60K miles.

BUTT UGLY - look at the windshield on your bike if you want BUTT UGLY. :roll: I get more air with my convertible!! :lol: :lol:

·
Legend in His Own Mind
4,671 Posts
OPINIONS VARY Some want improve the comfort and functionallity of our bikes and some want mega chromer's, with loud and ugly color's !! But like I said, opinion's vary as do preferences but that's good and what makes us all individual's. Rock on Mr. B on your electric chrome banana, ugh!! :p :p :roll: :roll:

·
Registered
3,277 Posts
I didn't want chrome plated plastic on my bike, so I opted for the Honda-Line covers. I know some of the parts on the wing ARE chrome plated plastic, but, I can't help that part.

I just used Steve Saunders website instructions on prepping them, to help keep them clean and inhibit interior rusting.

http://www.goldwingfacts.com/rotorcovers.htm

·
Registered
696 Posts
rotor covers

to each his own i have the kurys with rign on fire been there for two years with the bushtec fender extension without a problem used the same on my 1500 also no problem

1 - 18 of 18 Posts