GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some that come to mind:

1. The Scenic 7, highway 7 running between I-40 at Russellville and Harrison, Arkansas. The ride is like a rollercoaster run though the Ozarks. I didn't have a chance to take it south of the 40 but it sounds like it is a cool ride down there too. The scenic 7 is not to be missed.

2. Out here in California, one of my favorite twisty rides is Highway 178 through the Kern River Valley between Inyokern and Bakersfield, CA. The route follows the Kern through a rock-walled valley that splits the Sierras and is a spectacular ride.

On my list to do are Deals Gap, of course, and I also want to ride the Angeles Crest Highway sometime as I hear it is a blast to ride.

Your recommendations?

·
Fire Eating Member
6,473 Posts
My wife and I rode thru Rocky Mountain National Park last year...(Trail Ridge Road) ... we thought it was awesome.. I also enjoyed the ride up Mt Evans.. highest paved road in the contential U.S. (wife did not care for it very much.. she said she prayed all the way up and all the way down)

cosmic

·
Registered
702 Posts
...rt 129 in Oregon, 14A through the Big Horn Mts. in north central Wy, rt 212 to Red Ladge, Mt (Beartooth Highway), Chief Joseph Highway next door...

Damned winter!...

AG GL

·
Registered
268 Posts
Highway 1-101, the Pacific Coast Highway in California is hard to beat. The Cabot trail on Nova Scotia is awesome, probably the single best ride I've ever been on. George

·
Registered
222 Posts
From Durango, Colorado: take Hwy 550 north to Ouray and on to Grand Junction. Beautiful mountain riding over Molas pass through Silverton and Red Mountan Pass to Ouray. You will enjoy!

·
Registered
9,099 Posts
BC - Columbia Icefield Parkway. CA - Rt 299 Eureka thru Weaverville to Redding. CA - Rt 1 Legget to Fort Bragg.

Colorado only has one good ride - but it includes every road in the state.

·
Banned
1,247 Posts
Any ride about now would be good but not around here, to much Ice and SALT!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Blueridge. no bad rides just some are better then outher. out west beartooth pass.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Ranch Roads 335, 336 & 337; the three twisted sisters west of Bandera, TX.

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
Now just keep in mind i have NEVER been on this road.

However, I hear it very much like the Tail of the dragon, except theres no one on it and it "suppose to be" pristine asphalt

But thats here say:

Arizona highway 191 from Alpine to Clifton, if you take this route, let me know how it is :lol:

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
wingnutzz said:
There are NO good rides in Colorado.

I hope you find some before July 25th! :lol: :lol:

As far as good rides in Florida does anyone really want to hear about the 11 turns in 318 miles we have here?

·
Vendor
21,870 Posts
Here are a couple...

Bear Tooth Pass Montana/Wyoming
Chief Joesph Highway Wyoming
hwy 12 and 24 in Utah
Road to the Sun Glacier Park
hwys 341, 23, 16, and 7 in Arkansas
hwy 14 in north east Colorado
hwy 141 and 145 in south West Colorado
hwys 92 and 149 in south central Colorado
hwys 165 and 69 in south east Colorado
hwys 152, 12 and 64/84 in New Mexico
hwys 21 and 75 in Idaho
hwys 299, 96, 36, 3, 254 (Ave of Giants) and 1 in Northern California
hwy 4 (Ebberts Pass), 120 (Tioga Pass), and 88 (Senora Pass) in the California Sierras
hwy 191 in western Arizona (old hwy 666)
hwys 28, 30, 3 and 86 in upstate New York
hwys 17, 19, 106, 34, and 49 in southern Missouri

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
GL1800GSXR1000 said:
wingnutzz said:
There are NO good rides in Colorado.
I hope you find some before July 25th! :lol: :lol:
As far as good rides in Florida does anyone really want to hear about the 11 turns in 318 miles we have here?
SSSSSSSSSSShhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just for you I'll make it happen.

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
Fred H. said:
Here are a couple...

hwy 191 in western Arizona (old hwy 666)
Hey Fred, as in my post, I heard this road was like the Dragon except no one ever uses it?

Is that true. On the map it looks like a lot of fun

1 - 20 of 49 Posts