GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Commuting home, I'll hit the MSF range by my house 1-2 times a week and do various drills.
Today, after the MSF range, I went around a car and dipped into a corner, and suddenly realized the bike and I had completely bonded.

It felt like the bike wasn't there. We had reached the place where I simply thought about something and it happened. The bike was invisible and completely out of mind.

It takes a while (especially going back and forth between two bikes). But when you get there, it's a great feeling.

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
Back when I worked for a living, I was a police motorcycle instructor for several years. I learned how to do all those maneuvers, and got pretty good at it while teaching. Understand those moments of being "one with the m/c".

That ability to react without having to think, and just let the M/C do what needs to be done kept me from hitting a truck who had pulled into a driveway of a business, and suddenly changed his mind and made a left turn in front of me. Had I been in the left side tire path of the lane, I would have hit him broadside. When we passed behind him, I could have reached out and easily touched the tailgate. I sometimes like to think of me as a pretty sharp rider, BUT, if I had had to stop and think about swerving right as much as possible, then straighten up to avoid the driveway, there would have been a bad m/c wreck that evening. I just am not that good, nor quick. I firmly believe God did not want us to crash that night.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
1 - 5 of 5 Posts