GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a set of HD goretex rain gear but the zipper in the top needs repair. Does any one know where I might get it fixed? thanks!

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
A lot of drycleaners offer alterations, might try there.

·
IronMan
17,459 Posts
CK YELLOW PAGES/GOOGLE IT IN YOUR AREA - SEAMSTRESS USUALLY DOES. I HAVE ZIPPER FOR MY RAIN LINER NEEDS REPLACED- HAVE ZIPPER ........ HEY MAYBE WE COULD GET DEAL ON 2 :lol:

·
Registered
3,875 Posts
Any decent alteration shop can do it. I have one of my winter jackets at a shop right now having the main zipper replaced. ( zipper could not be repaired). $5 for the zipper. And $45 for the labor to replace it!!!

·
Registered
10,849 Posts
Any decent alteration shop can do it. I have one of my winter jackets at a shop right now having the main zipper replaced. ( zipper could not be repaired). $5 for the zipper. And $45 for the labor to replace it!!!
Another possibility is an old fashion honest to goodness shoe repair shop.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Shop around at the above suggested places - You may find that the repair will cost more than a new set of rain gear :thumbup:

·
Registered
10,849 Posts
Shop around at the above suggested places - You may find that the repair will cost more than a new set of rain gear :thumbup:
It will likely depend on the rain gear. If you are speaking of Frogg Toggs and the like, I agree.

·
Registered
3,875 Posts
Another possibility is an old fashion honest to goodness shoe repair shop.
Funny you should post that---- I have had this same jacket repaired at a shoe repair shop before; but it is gone/closed now, and the alteration shop is in my "stomping grounds", and does excellent work!

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I found a gore tex repair shop "Rainy Pass repair" In Seattle. Gore tex refers to them! jacket sent
I will post results!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts