GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been about a year since I purchased my Zummo 660 and I need some help transferring my iTunes and map files from wingnutzz and all of the wonderful CO files he has posted.

Is there a "Garmin for dummies" or something like that out there? Last August as Rockies-Gold was about to happen I recall reading some postings offering help, however I didn't make hard copies of those suggestions so here I am asking for help.

Thanks guys, I do appreciate suggestions. Only Mac users please.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I bought one of those micro SD chips, put it into the (sorry, Windows) computer, transferred my music (MP3) to it, put it into the 660 and, voila, there they were. No problems at all. I haven't done map files.

·
Registered
15 Posts
It should be easy. Just plug the unit into the Mac and go to the Mini SD card. A folder on Garmins is called Music. Get the music out of iTunes media library not through iTunes itself. They have to be MP3 files. If they are not the easy way is to burn a CD with tracks on it as MP3. The map files most of the time it put on the main unit. The reason is speed to display they are small and don't need much space.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
I must be one of the dummies, cause I could not get this done. I realized that the files on my iPhone (iPod) were not MP3, but MP4. I downloaded a conversion program and tried to convert them to MP3 and reload the SD card, but they still could not be recognized. I now just use a switch for the AUX input, and use either the iPhone or the XM radio in my Zumo 550.
If anyone knows for sure how to do this, would you come over to my house.........

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
In the last 36 hours I've read on the Garmin forum that I'm not alone with frustration. Garmin does not make Roadtrip user friendly and at this point I'm not sure which way I will go. Perhaps just a paper folding map ... what a novel idea ;)

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just downloaded Base Camp and will take a look at that later.

What would be nice and way more sensible is to be able to simply use Google maps and transfer those over to the Garmin, I would pay dearly if it were that easy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts