GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know many install maps together with the matching JCV files from the ZUMO 660 & 665 in generation 2 bikes :surprise:. On the bike if you declare the map up to be in the direction of travel and select auto zoom "OFF" actual photos of many important intersections would pop-up. The bikes navi manual states that will happen if the intersection photo is available in the software (JCV file).
Anyway many of the turn pop-up photos that appeared on the 2018.3 maps have been removed in 2019.1.
It appears that photos have been removed possibly due to older ZUMO units not having enough memory for complex routes :shrug: .
Another possibility is Garmin has blocked them from popping up in the 660 & 665 models so they can sell newer models :shock: .
The 2019.1 maps are still OK with the actual photos being replaced with the old style cartoon type pop-ups but the photos from previous years were nice.
I guess this is a minor problem compared to the 2018 GPS units but I need something to complain about.
Has anyone else noticed the loss of photo type pop-ups in 2019.1 that used to appear in previous releases :?:

·
Registered
861 Posts
Had same problem. Had to make sure to use D319259B.JVC and update the XML file to use that file. Tested on a ride this morning after reading you post.
Set a route and then went for a ride on the highway and the pictures of the exits with the signs popped up. Did not do that until I did the update to the XML
file and made sure the D319250B.jvc file was installed.

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Had same problem. Had to make sure to use D319259B.JVC and update the XML file to use that file. Tested on a ride this morning after reading you post.
Set a route and then went for a ride on the highway and the pictures of the exits with the signs popped up. Did not do that until I did the update to the XML
file and made sure the D319250B.jvc file was installed.
You are listing 2 different JCV files. I can't find them on a 660 or 665 in either 2018.3 or 2019.1 unit updates :crying:. Maybe from a Nuvi :shrug:
Where did you find the versions you show :?:

·
Registered
861 Posts
My apology It was a typo. D3191250B is the correct name. I pulled it off my ZUMO 59X but you can find it on some of the GPS websites.

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My apology It was a typo. D3191250B is the correct name. I pulled it off my ZUMO 59X but you can find it on some of the GPS websites.
I kind of figured it was a typo. Anyway I have searched a few GPS sites and links to the D3191250B file were shown. Trying the links get a "File no longer available" or "File removed by poster" :frown2:
I know it is probably in the 2019.11 download but that will probably require a recalculation of all my 160 routs in MapSource prior to sending them to my SD card.
Do you know of any sites that still have D3191250B available for download :?: .

·
Registered
861 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts