GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just on the Garmin site and saw that they now have a zumo 450. The 450 is exactly the same as the 550, but without text-to-speach, XM or blue tooth. Doesn't it just figure that those are the features I DON'T use on my 550.

Ah well, I guess I'll just have to suck it up...

·
Registered
596 Posts
Did you give up on your iway?

·
Registered
4,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, I sent the third one back and got a refund instead of a fourth.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I just read about this over on the Zumo forum -- http://razorbiker.com/zumo/ -- amazing. Evidently Garmin feels they have something with the Zumo and have trimmed it down for a specific audience that, well... just like you've mentioned: those who don't care to use the missing features. I'm sure they know what they're doing. I would've thought they would've at least waited a FY quarter to get the sales info on what is now the parent unit.

Can you spell "saturation?"

BTW, love my Zumo, er, make that "Big Zumo." :wink:

·
Registered
149 Posts
Rastoff said:
I was just on the Garmin site and saw that they now have a zumo 450. The 450 is exactly the same as the 550, but without text-to-speach, XM or blue tooth. Doesn't it just figure that those are the features I DON'T use on my 550.
Please forgive my stupid question. What is text-to-speach?

Thanks
Mack

·
Registered
6,891 Posts
If we assume the discounted street price margins are going to be the same for the 450, I would expect to see it available for less than $500 eventually.

It's interesting to note that the 450 doesn't include the automotive cradle 12V automotive power cable or the AC adapter...

I'm not sure that it's much of a bargain in that case - the retail price of those accessories is $146 - that takes the price difference (assuming you'll want to use it in your car and in the house) to about $100.

Not enough of a difference to justify it (IMHO)

·
Registered
4,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Good info Jon, I didn't notice that. I feel better now. 8)

·
Registered
596 Posts
LaMonster said:
Give me a 5" screen and I'm all over it. :D
Hey LaMonster:
If I remember correctly, you had sent your iway 500c back for the 10th time. Have you got it back and is it working allright?

I just sent back #1 for touch screen problems, lasted 1 day :shock:

Take Care

1 - 11 of 11 Posts