GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the Zumo 550 and a Verizon Razr (sp?) 3 phone.
I tried to get these two devices to pair up via Bluetooth.
No luck. Neither seems to recognize the other.
I went into my phone and enable the function to add a new device and did the same thing at the same time on the Zumo. Nothing.
Any suggestions???

·
Registered
9,113 Posts
CJ,

I ran into the same issue trying to pair my RAZR with my 2820. I had to upgrade the firmware to do it.

Visit the Motorola site here: http://direct.motorola.com/hellomoto/nss/update_my_software.asp

After you choose your carrier and phone type, it will ask you for the purchase date. Pick a date within the past year (they don't verify it) and follow the on-screen instructions. You will have to download a special piece of software to do the upgrade. It's all explained.

Note: DO NOT TURN OFF YOUR PC OR YOU PHONE DURING THE UPDATE! Make sure your phone is connected to it's AC adapter and connected to your PC. Also, any settings you have saved on the phone will be wiped out. Hopefully, you have all of your contacts saved to your SIM card.

If you have a question, give me a call. You can find my number on the Contact List.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
CJ,

I ran into the same issue trying to pair my RAZR with my 2820. I had to upgrade the firmware to do it.

Visit the Motorola site here: http://direct.motorola.com/hellomoto/nss/update_my_software.asp

After you choose your carrier and phone type, it will ask you for the purchase date. Pick a date within the past year (they don't verify it) and follow the on-screen instructions. You will have to download a special piece of software to do the upgrade. It's all explained.

Note: DO NOT TURN OFF YOUR PC OR YOU PHONE DURING THE UPDATE! Make sure your phone is connected to it's AC adapter and connected to your PC. Also, any settings you have saved on the phone will be wiped out. Hopefully, you have all of your contacts saved to your SIM card.

If you have a question, give me a call. You can find my number on the Contact List.
I don't have a Razr3, but do have one of the older Razr phones. If the R3 is like mine it will take it's power from the USB port while connected.

Also, Motorola has a PC program called Motorola Phone Tools that will allow you to save all the info you have entered into the phone (directory, calendar, etc.) onto the PC or jump drive. Then if lost during the update it can easily be restored.

The phone uses the same USB cable as my 2610 and 2730 GPSs. :cool:

Good Luck with the update!

·
Registered
9,113 Posts
Also, Motorola has a PC program called Motorola Phone Tools that will allow you to save all the info you have entered into the phone (directory, calendar, etc.) onto the PC or jump drive.
Yep, that's the "special" piece of software I was referring to. I couldn't remember the name of it. After I updated my firmware, I deleted the software from my computer since I didn't need it anymore.

·
Registered
5,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I got the Zumo and the Razer V3 to talk with each other, finally. And I really like what I see so far. Now, I'm only able to test the performance with the Zumo in the mount in the car, because it's too damn cold outside to try it on the bike. But, at least the Zumo and Razr are getting along.

The trick to get it to work was to find and try another menu choice on the Razer. The first choice on the phone was to have the phone find a Bluetooth device like an earpiece. What I had to find and select was the menu choice on the Razer that let the phone be found by the Zumo. As soon as I did everything paired up very nicely.

So, through my Zumo, I can not use voice dialing, it shows me my contact list and all other functions. It's great and works very nicely.

I pretty confident it will work just as well on bike, since I already know the incoming audio from the Zumo works well with the bike's system. I bought EdSets harness that provides a microphone feed to the Zumo.

Can't wait till it warmer so I can use this new capability.

I got all of this to work before I even got a chance to do the software update suggested by Bartman. But I probably to that also just to make sure I have the latest and greatest.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts