GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've owned my zumo for two months now without trouble. When I had owned my iWay this long it was already on its way back to Lowrance for the second time and had spent more time at Lowrance than with me.

I don't care how good the features are supposed to be. If it doesn't work it's useless. The zumo rules!

·
Registered
6,891 Posts
That's the one thing it does better than the iWay. (OK, the phone integration, traffic & XM radio also set it apart, but that's about it)

As far as pure GPS operation, there's still no comparison (IMHO).

I think you should change the title of your post to 'My Zumo is definitely better than MY iWay was' since not everyone had your level of failures.

8)

·
Registered
4,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You're right Jon, it does many things better. :wink: (I couldn't resist)

And, my title was carefully chosen. It's no fun if you don't stir the pot now and then.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
I'm sending my third one back. It's actually been the worst of the 3. Tim

·
Registered
536 Posts
Just to be "Fair & Balanced"--I've had my I-Way 500c for over a year now, and have had no problems. I'm not thrilled with the weight of it :( , but for functionality it's great. :D

·
Registered
346 Posts
I was at an RV show on the weekend and the Lowrance Booth had 600c Pamphlets, were only selling 500c units, had no idea when 600c would be available and the reps were disappointed in the failure rate of 500c interms of DOAs. They had one for the show they were setting up!!

·
Registered
478 Posts
Rastoff said:
I've owned my zumo for two months now without trouble. When I had owned my iWay this long it was already on its way back to Lowrance for the second time and had spent more time at Lowrance than with me.

I don't care how good the features are supposed to be. If it doesn't work it's useless. The zumo rules!
Ditto on the Zumo!

I think the following technologies have and will make my navigation better. All have proved to be reliable, despite the operator.

Analog graphic representation system aka map

The lastest Dual Pane Vision Display Technology

And my favorite and most expensive, the ZUMO of course! Please note the grip heaters Rastoff!

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
I'll get another Iway just for the fact that it does what I want it to do when its working and has the features I want. I like the large screen, the overlays, the ability to change routes on the fly etc. Might just try the 600 since it is suppose to have better screen resolution. Tim

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
So far so good. I am awaiting the mounts for the dash. But from my use in the cage, I have been impressed so far. This is my first GPS and have been happy with my choice. It does everything I need it to do, and what it can not do I am not missing.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I've got the Zumo myself and of course love it -- but you have to admit, even though there's been some issues, people are FIERCELY loyal to their Iways and I suppose for good reason.

·
Registered
4,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That is a good price. I don't think you will find it cheeper.

I still recommend buying it from Jon. You won't get his level of support from any other retailer.

·
Registered
6,891 Posts
Lamont, if you want to 'dip your toes into the Zumo waters', you might want to make sure you buy from a vendor who will potentially allow its' return.

While it's a good unit and does a lot of things very nicely, there are issues with it that are hard to adapt to after using a 'large screen gps'.

There are rumored firmware upgrades coming for it that might make it more palatable - I'll believe them when I see them.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts