GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had the Zumo 550 for the last few years - recently, it quit "talking" through the bike sound system and will only broadcast through the intercom system. This is particularly frustrating when I'm riding 1-up because I would not otherwise hook up my headset. I have this issue with the spoken directions and the XM radio broadcast that comes through the unit.

This is a new problem - I used to hear the directions and the XM broadcast through the bike speakers.

Anyone have any ideas as to what is going on? (And the mute button is NOT engaged.)

Any input appreciated.

Mike

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
Look at your screen on the bike and see if you see a speaker icon or an earphone icon.

:thumbup:

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Zumo used to "speak" when the auxilary was activated on the stereo - through the speakers. Now, it does not. It is silent unless the intercom is turned on. The intercom only works through the headsets. So in other words, if I want to listen to my iPod, I have the auxilary activated through the speakers and I don't hear the Zumo. The only way to hear the Zumo now is if I activate the intercom system. The Zumo no longer speaks simply through the auxilary...

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
The Zumo used to "speak" when the auxilary was activated on the stereo - through the speakers. Now, it does not. It is silent unless the intercom is turned on. The intercom only works through the headsets. So in other words, if I want to listen to my iPod, I have the auxilary activated through the speakers and I don't hear the Zumo. The only way to hear the Zumo now is if I activate the intercom system. The Zumo no longer speaks simply through the auxilary...
Do you have it puged in to the auxilary pug in the left pockget or a cell set?

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
HondaJohn - I don't recall the exact hook-up - my question comes about because of the change in how it's now working - It used to run through the bikes speaker system and now does not. Any ideas on what could be causing that?

·
Registered
135 Posts
have you toggled the audio button to the speaker setting as asked above?

the audio has 3 settings, off, speakers and headset

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yep - it's toggled to speakers. Like I said, I can play the iPod through the speakers as in the past, but anything I want to hear through the Zumo now needs to be through the headset. This is a new phenomena...

·
Registered
135 Posts
I'm not sure I understand. Are you running an Ipod and the zumo through the aux cable in the left pocket? Or are you using the zumo as an mp3 player and gps at same time?

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don’t recall the exact hook-up – it’s been five years – maybe I’ll have to take a look at the hook-ups to be sure. What I do know is that the iPod (not the Zumo mp3) still works as always – through the auxiliary input, but the Garmin does not. In the past, I did not need to have the intercom on in order to hear the Zumo (directions or XM), but now, for some reason, the only way to hear the Zumo directions or XM is by turning on the intercom and listening through the headset. :shrug:

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
I'm not sure I understand. Are you running an Ipod and the zumo through the aux cable in the left pocket? Or are you using the zumo as an mp3 player and gps at same time?
The only way to hear it on the speekers is thought the aux. cable in the left pocket. It sounds like you have add a cell set so you can use your phone thru the zumo. this will go only thru the head set the one way around this is to plug the aux cable in the pocket into the zumo and use the mp3 in the zumo. You can leave the little plug that used for the phone pluged into the zumo so you can talk on the phone. The person you are talking to no the phone will come over the speekers too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts