GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I have used the search feature but did not find a post that seemed to address this specifically. (I just posted this to the ZumoForums Site, but decided to post here as well, since GL1800Riders are the most helpful forum I have found.)

I rode 420 miles a couple days ago and the 550 Zumo worked great for the first 417 miles. (I use it for the GPS features and to play MP3's. I do not use XM.)

When I got close to Salt Lake City (about 20 miles away) I went into my Favorites and clicked on the address I was headed. The Zumo guided me to within about 3 miles and then just shut down.

I was able to restart the unit and it guided me to my destination.

On the way home it shut off as I was going down an exit ramp to get gas. This was about 150 miles into the trip home, and the Zumo as fine for the rest of the trip.

One other thing was that sometimes when I would hit a bump the MP3 would garble for up to 30 seconds or so, then seem to work itself out and the sound would be good again.

I am wondering if this could be a connection issue in the cradle. I looked at the pins and they seem clean and the connection latch assembly seems secure.

Any help would be appreciated!

Other information that might be helpful:
2004 Honda Goldwing - Jon's Dashmount - Mike Mutes
Candy Black Cherry (that COULD make a difference!)

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Well, you are either losing power from the bike or the zumo is having a connection issue in the cradle would be my guess. When the zumo is locked in the cradle, it's hard to see how there would be anything loose there. Has your zumo ever given you any problems out of the cradle? or in the car mounting? It may be the zumo. If it is still under warranty, you might want to drop them a email and ask about it.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Had the same problem. Check your connections. I had my Zumo connected to an EC fuse panel. I changed the connection to one of the bikes accessory fuse locations, left side of battery, there are 2 available connection points. Problem solved.;)

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, you are either losing power from the bike or the zumo is having a connection issue in the cradle would be my guess. When the zumo is locked in the cradle, it's hard to see how there would be anything loose there. Has your zumo ever given you any problems out of the cradle? or in the car mounting? It may be the zumo. If it is still under warranty, you might want to drop them a email and ask about it.
I only use it in the motorcycle mount, so I do not know about the car mounting cradle.

I will look up my paperwork to check on the warranty, but I have had it a while. I cannot recall when I purchased it.

I am going to clean the connections with a cotton swab and alcohol today and test it this week. I wish the snow and cold would go away, already!

Thanks!

Big Wes, I will check my power connection and ground as well, although it worked fine for the last 4 hours of my trip home.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts