GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The wire that you plug in the unitfor the audio is too short. Where can i get a longer one. I saw this on a thread long time ago. Any help would be very helpfull

·
Registered
326 Posts
Radio Shack

·
Registered
50 Posts
walmart - male on one end, female on the other. $6

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Audio wire on 1800

I need a longer wire that goes from the bike to my zumo 550. This is the one that i will be able to hear through my helmets.this wire has a flat end on one end and jack on the other end. If radio shack has them is there a part no.

·
Registered
778 Posts
I need a longer wire that goes from the bike to my zumo 550. This is the one that i will be able to hear through my helmets.this wire has a flat end on one end and jack on the other end. If radio shack has them is there a part no.
you cant (or at least I wasnt able to) find the part that connects under the pocket at RS, but you can find and extension that will plug in to the end of you audio cable that came with the bike or if you go to ebay you can find them (link below) that will plug directly under the left pocket and come up to the zumo, I have that on my bike and it runs up to the zumo from the plug located under the left pocket

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/GL18...5774416QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

JB

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the info. i will get one on the way.do you have the zumo 550 on your bike? if so how did you hook it up? thanks

·
Registered
778 Posts
thanks for the info. i will get one on the way.do you have the zumo 550 on your bike? if so how did you hook it up? thanks
I used the direct wire setup and have the audio jack coming out of the pocket and up behind the front cowl, I am using the mount that Jon sells for the zumo, I just unsnap the zumo and take it in the house with me or put in trunk if I am leaving the bike. I just got the xm antenna for it and will be using it for sat radio as well, cuts down on the clutter in the dash area of my bike, everyone is different but that is the way I have mine

JB

1 - 11 of 11 Posts