GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Garmin Zumo 550 manual disc is a little incomplete- I think. I got the Garmin GXM30 antenna installed. GPS works great phone works great, XM works great. I did subscribe to XM Weather also. I cannot figure out how to bring up the radar maps on the screen . Anyone able to describe how? Thank you

·
Notorious Rocket Scientist
5,533 Posts
HINT: There's a reason why you can't find anything about "radar maps" in the manual. Can you guess why?

·
Registered
19,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Astute Reader you are correct. I am wrong. I am getting a Zumo 665 withX40 antenna. I have a fellow rider who already offered me a fair price for the 550

·
5,533 Posts
Astute Reader you are correct. I am wrong. I am getting a Zumo 665 withX40 antenna. I have a fellow rider who already offered me a fair price for the 550
There you go; nothing like a happy ending. You will like the 665.

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
Hey Laen,

XM "weather" does not work on the 550. You will need to subscribe to the XM "traffic" which will give some weather info. Yeah, I know, doesn't sound right but that is the only weather you can get on the 550.

I tried on my 550 and it would not work. Same GXM30 antenna will give you radar on the 378/478 series but not on the 550. Must be something in the 550 that causes that then.

But, the 665 will give you the radar weather . . .

·
5,533 Posts
Greetings!

I like my Zumo 550 as well. There are only two reasons why I will be replacing it with the Zumo 665: I want the advanced weather capabilities of the 665 and I want a bigger display.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts