GL1800Riders Forums banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
20,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
The refurbished Zumo 595 arrived today, installed the battery and everything seems to be working. Tomorrow I hope to take it for a test ride .

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
Cycledude, hopefully this ends your priblems.

I chatted with Garmin today. I told them my battery dies almost immediately after taking it off the bike AND about the 595 locking up during routing. They told me to reset ( which I had already done) and remove the SD card. At least I have these issues on record before the warranty expires in July.

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
hadn’t seen this kind of issue in the garmin product before. I hope they are watching/reading, to perfect the line for motorcyclists everywhere. I’d like to have a water resistant version of my 7” 2757 someday. With all the motorcycle stuff in it. Keep us posted on your progress Cycledude, and others, I’ll be reading, and learning.

·
Registered
20,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Well the refurbished Zumo never shows that it’s charging on the screen, when its plugged in and Should show charging on The screen the battery has a red line through it. When it arrived the screen showed the battery was 1/2 charged, but after using it plugged in for a few hours if you disconnect it from power the battery shows fully charged. So in my opinion it seems to work fine but there is still something wrong with it, I wonder how long it will actually keep working ?

·
Registered
20,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Well I have ridden with the refurbished Zumo 595 quite a bit with no real problems. I don’t use it not plugged in very much but the battery charge does seem to go down VERY fast when it’s not plugged in.
I am very anxious to actually see a new Zumo XT in person, if the new screen actually is greatly improved I just might buy one, I always hated the 595 screen.

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Cycledude, I am assuming you have been following the Zumo XT posts in the 'General Message' forum? I have been using mine for a couple days now & it ROCKS!! It is sooooo much better & brighter than my 595, it's at the next level! It is worth it to upgrade from the 595 . . . I promise you will be happy with the purchase!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Garmin's Zumo models will possibly charge when certain conditions are met.

At the point when associated with a bike mount, the Zumo will possibly charge in the event that it is controlled on. In the event that the Zumo is in rest/reserve mode (in the event that accessible) or fueled off, at that point, it won't charge.

At the point when a Zumo, on its car mount, is associated with the best possible vehicle power link the Zumo will charge whether or not it is on, off, or in rest/reserve mode (for those models that have this element).

The Zumo should charge consistently when associated with a PC by means of a USB link as long as the USB link is stopped legitimately into the device.1

Temperature and presentation to daylight can likewise forestall battery charging. On the off chance that the Zumo gets excessively warm or excessively chilly, the battery will never again charge as methods for forestalling overheating.

·
Registered
20,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Where did you get this information from ? Both my old 595 and my new refurbished 595 have been used a lot at below freezing temperatures.

Garmin's Zumo models will possibly charge when certain conditions are met.

At the point when associated with a bike mount, the Zumo will possibly charge in the event that it is controlled on. In the event that the Zumo is in rest/reserve mode (in the event that accessible) or fueled off, at that point, it won't charge.

At the point when a Zumo, on its car mount, is associated with the best possible vehicle power link the Zumo will charge whether or not it is on, off, or in rest/reserve mode (for those models that have this element).

The Zumo should charge consistently when associated with a PC by means of a USB link as long as the USB link is stopped legitimately into the device.1

Temperature and presentation to daylight can likewise forestall battery charging. On the off chance that the Zumo gets excessively warm or excessively chilly, the battery will never again charge as methods for forestalling overheating.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Garmin Zumo 590 sat nav appears to have an issue with the battery flopping following a year or two. This is to the degree that once you expel it from your bicycle and depend on its on-board power you're checking as the minutes progressed, or even seconds before it lapses. Being able to take a shot at choosing, stacking and altering courses, away from the bicycle, at your recreation over an espresso, lunch or night dinner/lager at your inn when on visit would be perfect. This is the thing that Garmin initially proposed and how the gadget functioned when new.

What's the issue:
Thus, you may believe that the battery has turned sour and needs substitution. Lamentably unique OEM batteries are extravagantly costly. Elective renditions, typically from sources in the Far East, are less expensive however of obscure quality. With my multi year old Zumo, bought second hand, I had encountered this low battery marvels from the beginning.

I at last chose to take care of business so requested another battery off eBay from China. Be that as it may, during the inescapable week or two hanging tight for conveyance I looked further into the issue and discovered this blog entry. Accordingly I attempted what it recommended, without isolating the connector, and lo-and-see it worked. My unique battery presently goes on for a considerable length of time as opposed to a couple of moments. The battery from China when it in the end showed up required a similar treatment.

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
The Zumo 595 battery has been a known issue among owners for a long time . . . go on the Zumo websites & you will find pages of complaints! There are also solutions to fix it, as well . . .

21 - 30 of 30 Posts