GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
When I connect Zumo 595 with USB cable to computer nothing happens? Seems there is not connection between them. Any suggestions?

PS Just noticed that the battery is way down and needs to be charged. Could that contribute to the problem?

Has anyone had any problrm with the small connection on the gps side of USB being finicky?

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
When you connect the GPS does it start charging? If not the cable may be bad. If it does, you may need to install the device driver.
Do you have garmin express loaded on the computer? I think it installs the device driver.

·
Registered
5,962 Posts
Is it possible that the usb cable is a charge only and not a data cable? I'd try a different cable if you haven't.

Also, one of my gps's has two different usb ports, look for another on the bottom.

Reactions: Big_Bird

·
Registered
440 Posts
I have the same issues with Windows 10 PC’s. My solution is to unplug the gps and plug it back in when the battery power off screen appears. Sometimes I can do this once and get it to connect in data transfer mode, other times it might take me 6+ attempts. It’s really annoying, but when I use non Windows 10 PC’s it works every time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts