GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I loaded a bunch of my favourite tunes onto the micro SD card, stuck it in my Zumo 595LM and it won't play. Every one of the music apps I select seems to want another device to be connected. Does this thing not work as an MP3 player same as my Zumo 550? If that's the case I will not be a happy camper, its bad enough I can't see the thing in daylight and now it won't play my tunes, Grrrrrrrr.

Reactions: cycledude

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Mine plays my music fine but I'm bluetoothing it to the bike. I'll go and boot it up and check it over to see what settings I use. Give me a few minutes...

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Right, I've no idea where you're at with your device so I'll just give you some pointers. If you already know or have done these things, just ignore me.

Firstly, on your main screen go into settings, scroll down to display, check that you have Brightness set at 100%. Use the back arrow repeatedly to take you back to the main screen.

Touch the Volume icon, check that the sound is not muted by touching the speaker icon - it's orange when muted. Next, touch the spanner icon and check your volume levels for the different outputs - for the purpose of this check, put them all at 100% volume and set on Button Sounds.

Step back to your main screen. Select the Apps icon, scroll down to Media Player, select that icon. Now select the top left icon - it's a wee picture of 3.5mm audio plugs - select MP3 then be sure to press the Save button. You'll notice you can now select the Speaker icon from within the Media Player to set your volumes as you require them.

At this point I'm not sure how the Media Player finds your files. Mine already knows where they are and I can't remember what I did first time around. It might just do it, or perhaps you need to use the Browse feature on the Media Player screen. Possibly go out of the Media Player app and next time you run it it'll find you music, you might even have to restart the navigator so it reads all your new settings. Give it a go and report back.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Right, I've no idea where you're at with your device so I'll just give you some pointers. If you already know or have done these things, just ignore me.

Firstly, on your main screen go into settings, scroll down to display, check that you have Brightness set at 100%. Use the back arrow repeatedly to take you back to the main screen.

Touch the Volume icon, check that the sound is not muted by touching the speaker icon - it's orange when muted. Next, touch the spanner icon and check your volume levels for the different outputs - for the purpose of this check, put them all at 100% volume and set on Button Sounds.

Step back to your main screen. Select the Apps icon, scroll down to Media Player, select that icon. Now select the top left icon - it's a wee picture of 3.5mm audio plugs - select MP3 then be sure to press the Save button. You'll notice you can now select the Speaker icon from within the Media Player to set your volumes as you require them.

At this point I'm not sure how the Media Player finds your files. Mine already knows where they are and I can't remember what I did first time around. It might just do it, or perhaps you need to use the Browse feature on the Media Player screen. Possibly go out of the Media Player app and next time you run it it'll find you music, you might even have to restart the navigator so it reads all your new settings. Give it a go and report back.
BINGO!!! We now have tunes!! Thanks very much. The 595 is not near as simple to use as as the 550, has a lot more bells and whistles but at least I am at the point where I can navigate (allbeit only by ear) and hear my tunes so I am now a happy camper. I'll do some fiddling over time to learn the rest. Thanks again. Reg

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Cool! We do like a happy ending! :smile2:

Did you have to restart the Media Player so it found your music?

Just for info, the 595 has sufficient internal memory to hold some music and there is a folder already on the device called MP3. You can copy music directly from your computer to that folder and the 595's Media Player will find it.
It's probably not a good idea to fill the 595's memory too much because when it is updated the likelihood is that new map data will be bigger and require extra space to store it.

Anyway, I wish you good listening!

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cool! We do like a happy ending! :smile2:

Did you have to restart the Media Player so it found your music?

Just for info, the 595 has sufficient internal memory to hold some music and there is a folder already on the device called MP3. You can copy music directly from your computer to that folder and the 595's Media Player will find it.
It's probably not a good idea to fill the 595's memory too much because when it is updated the likelihood is that new map data will be bigger and require extra space to store it.

Anyway, I wish you good listening!
Nope, did not have to reboot and it found all my music right away. I loaded my music by inserting the mini SD card directly into my laptop, same as my 550 I will keep all my music on the card. I luv it when a plan comes together!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Zumo 595LM Media Player

I wanted to post what worked for me, as I too couldn’t get my Mp3’s to play.

My first attempt was to format the sd card on my PC, download my music, and then try to play it on he 595. No joy.

When I inserted the card, the 595 wanted to format the card. Having just loaded all the music onto the card, I was hesitant. However, since the 595 wouldn’t play the music anyway, I figured I’d go ahead with the format. Right move. The 595 formatted he card and then added the files needed.

So, when loading the MP3’s, you need to make sure you load the file named “MP3” (where all your music resides) within the “Garmin” file that was created by the 595. Once you set the 595 to play from “MP3” in the settings, he 595 will find your music.

Maybe not THE way to do his, but this is what worked for me. Good luck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts