GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I replaced my 2610 with a 665 and have lost most of the audio volume I had before. Even with the volume set at 100% is is not loud enough to be understood when moving at any speed. Any help appreciated.

My set up on both 2610 and 665 is the same in that the audio out goes to an early Kennedy Cellset dual input gizmo into my Intercom. I've used an adapter to go from the 3.5 to 2.5 size on the Zumo audio connector.

The other branch of the Kennedy Cellset is plugged into my Radar Detector and it is working fine. I've used an adapter to go from the 3.5 to 2.5 size on the Zumo audio connector.

·
Premium Member
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Thanks for the reply. I may need to do that but I'm just trying to hear the routing directions and can't even get them loud enough to hear clearly.

·
Banned
1,855 Posts
I replaced my 2610 with a 665 and have lost most of the audio volume I had before. Even with the volume set at 100% is is not loud enough to be understood when moving at any speed. Any help appreciated.

My set up on both 2610 and 665 is the same in that the audio out goes to an early Kennedy Cellset dual input gizmo into my Intercom. I've used an adapter to go from the 3.5 to 2.5 size on the Zumo audio connector.

The other branch of the Kennedy Cellset is plugged into my Radar Detector and it is working fine. I've used an adapter to go from the 3.5 to 2.5 size on the Zumo audio connector.
I had the same problem with my Zumo 665. Several people suggested the Boostaroo, but I sold the Zumo with the ST, then bought a Wing. Problem solved!

·
Premium Member
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The tech at kennedy told me to open my dual cellset up and try a lower value resistor to get more volume.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Noticed the same problem when moving from 2720 to the Zumo 550. I can hear the 550, but the volume is 1 notch below max. I use a single Kennedy cellset. I wasn't happy about the volume either, but living with it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts