GL1800Riders Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found out today that my zumo 660lmt is shot. Won’t power up. So, I have a couple things to sell. The bike mount cradle with all cords for $75 plus shipping. I’ll throw in the zumo for parts. I have the car mount cradle as well. Only thing I don’t have is the cover when the gps isn’t mounted in cradle. Power cord for car cradle and short usb cord.

·
IronMan
17,625 Posts
i found out today that my zumo 660lmt is shot. Won’t power up. So, i have a couple things to sell. The bike mount cradle with all cords for $75 plus shipping. I’ll throw in the zumo for parts. I have the car mount cradle as well. Only thing i don’t have is the cover when the gps isn’t mounted in cradle. Power cord for car cradle and short usb cord.
question on the 660 lmt = lifetime maps ? Does it use a card for maps ? If it does would be interested in it .

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
question on the 660 lmt = lifetime maps ? Does it use a card for maps ? If it does would be interested in it .
Yes it was life timemaps. Came with them already loaded just had updates occasionally. However the unit is inoperable I was told by farming tech.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Just a thought, have you attached it to your computer via USB to see if it shows up as an external drive? Perhaps the 660 display is not functioning and it has powered up.

I have had my Zumo 550 since 2005, the LCD display died 2 years ago. I ordered a replacement LCD + Digitizer from EBay (China Supplier) for $30 plus free shipping. Easy to replace and my 550 is still trucking.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just a thought, have you attached it to your computer via USB to see if it shows up as an external drive? Perhaps the 660 display is not functioning and it has powered up.

I have had my Zumo 550 since 2005, the LCD display died 2 years ago. I ordered a replacement LCD + Digitizer from EBay (China Supplier) for $30 plus free shipping. Easy to replace and my 550 is still trucking.
After talking to a tech in his opinion it was fried inside. i did ask if it was repairable and he didn’t think it could be.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have a Zumo 665 (same as the 660 with XM satellite). I've used Garmin for many years and only had one die on me. Sent it to Garmin and they fixed it. I know this might be an obvious question... did you contact Garmin as to repair?

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes I did. They didn’t think it could be fixed with the issue it has.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It has been sold.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.