GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I decided to go ahead and join AMA, order the zumo 660-Except that- Garmin staff tells me they do not sell directly to the public even w/AMA membership. If you follow all of the directions ( I tried anyway), the links will lead you to Garmin - BUT zumo 660 is not listed available GPSs available. It will give you the discount and give you leads where to purchase (except that they do not have any in stock).
I contacted Garmin (Chicago store) and was informed that all zumo 660s have been sent back to company for software corrections and updates, and that they will be available in a "few weeks".
So there- If I undestand it correctly- If you want or need a GPS for a trip- it might be a good idea to think about a plan B.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
www.zumoforums.com has all of the information that you are referring to. They are shipping again as of tomorrow. Read there as to how to make AMA discount purchase.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
660 update

I followed the links you mentioned- 660 is not listed as option at this point anyway. Maybe after they have completed a few extra they will allow them to be listed.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
I bought one

I bought a 660 through the AMA discount and had no problems.

Thank you for shopping at Garmin.com.

We have received your order and are processing it. Please print out this page or write down your order number in case you have any questions.

Below is a summary of your order. We will send you a separate email when your item(s) ship.

If you have questions, please contact Garmin Special Programs at [email protected].

Order Summary:

Order #: Received at: Thu Apr 09 09:41:55 CDT 2009

Delivery Method
================
2nd Business Day - $ 18.00 USD

Payment Method
===============
Currency: USD

Ordered Product
============================================
Description = zūmo(R) 660
010-00727-00
Quantity = 1
Unit Price = $ 799.99 USD
Sale Price = $ 639.99 USD
Unit Total = $ 639.99 USD
===========================

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
You access the AMA discount by going to;
ama-cycle.org> member services> member discounts> discounts on Garmin nav> sign in> Search by part number or description:> (type in) zumo 660

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
zumo 660 update

Thank you for your suggestions. Just tried them-to no avail. Something must have changed since your order. I have e-mailed the employee purchase suggestion and will wait for an answer from them.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
AMA price

I just went into the AMA Garmin area and got this on a Zumo 660.....

zūmo® 660

Part Number: 010-00727-00
Suggested Retail Price: $ 799.99 USD
Your price: $ 639.99 USD
You save: $ 160.00 USD (20.00%)

Put the Zumo 660 item number in the search area and you get the above with a click to buy area. I did not click on it but it was there to buy.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
zumo 660

did what you did. I clicked on - and it takes you a group of dealers "where you can purchase" - they are out of stock and no mention of the discount.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
zuno 660

zūmo® 660

Part Number: 010-00727-00
Suggested Retail Price: $ 799.99 USD
Your price: $ 639.99 USD
You save: $ 160.00 USD (20.00%)

Where to Buy

the "where to buy" will lead you to a group of dealers.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
ready to buy?

if u r ready to buy, let's touch base via
phone this evening and I'll walk you thru
the purchase.

let me know if you want to try it.

it looks like you can buy it on my end.

I'm not 100% sure but it looks it to me.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
zumo 660 final update

I talked to Garmin Special Programs-

The zumo 660 is off the list for the time being ( probably a couple of weeks). "It is on back order" and they chose not to take any more orders until they could catch up. Therefore- at this time you can go to the Garmin site, take the discount but can not " add to the cart".

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Bummer

Sorry to hear it juniper!

Guess we don't need to talk tonight unless you have something to kick around. Call anytime.

Best of luck!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts