GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
GL1800Riders Founder
1,813 Posts
I heard next month but now I'm not sure.

Notice:

This device has not been authorized as required by the rules of the Federal Communications Commission. This device is not, and may not be, offered for sale or lease, or sold or leased, until authorization is obtained.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Folks on this site have indicated that those pre-ordering directly from Garmin are being told 4-13 through 4-20 time frame. There are a couple of threads about this...

www.zumoforums.com

There is also a thread which has a mini-review posted by someone who was on the beta list for the unit. He spent a week using the unit and posted his thoughts.

I have a brand new, in the box, never powered-up Zumo 550 that I got as a Xmas present. With riding season approaching in Ohio, I am trying to decide if I want to sell the 550 and buy the 660, or just keep the 550. I currently do not plan on using the XM feature, and like the larger screen of the 660.... Not sure what to do...

Thanks,
Tom

·
Registered
312 Posts
Lamonster,

That snippet has been on the Garmin site for while. As of late last week, Garmin was still communicating April dates for those that pre-order?????

Amazon still shows April as well ????

Time will tell.

Tom

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
waited

Folks on this site have indicated that those pre-ordering directly from Garmin are being told 4-13 through 4-20 time frame. There are a couple of threads about this...

www.zumoforums.com

There is also a thread which has a mini-review posted by someone who was on the beta list for the unit. He spent a week using the unit and posted his thoughts.

I have a brand new, in the box, never powered-up Zumo 550 that I got as a Xmas present. With riding season approaching in Ohio, I am trying to decide if I want to sell the 550 and buy the 660, or just keep the 550. I currently do not plan on using the XM feature, and like the larger screen of the 660.... Not sure what to do...

Thanks,
Tom
I was ready to pull the trigger several times on a 550 but kept waiting. I have the 2610 now and wanted a bigger screen and was hoping for voice command but Garmin blew that one. Darn!!

·
GL1800Riders Founder
1,813 Posts
Lamonster,

That snippet has been on the Garmin site for while. As of late last week, Garmin was still communicating April dates for those that pre-order?????

Amazon still shows April as well ????

Time will tell.

Tom
Well tomorrow is April so we'll see. I have one on order but I'm not holding my breath.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Who?

LaMonster who did you order from if I may ask? I was thinking of joining the AMA to get that discount but was going to check prices once it hits the market.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Well tomorrow is April so we'll see. I have one on order but I'm not holding my breath.

Well... Tomorrow is only April 1st, I didn't see any mention of any date earlier than the 13th.

My understanding is that Garmin has indicated the week of April 13th or the week of April 20th. Toss a couple of days for shipping time onto that, and I wouldn't expect anything sooner than the end of April as far as having one in your hands.

As with any product launch, release dates tend to be simply targets :)

Tom

·
GL1800Riders Founder
1,813 Posts
LaMonster who did you order from if I may ask? I was thinking of joining the AMA to get that discount but was going to check prices once it hits the market.
A friend of mine is a dealer and they have a deal I couldn't refuse. :doorag: Hope I get mine before June, I have another cross country trip planned. :yes1:

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks!

I'm in the same boat! Have a trip planned up into New England and Canada in June and hope to have mine by then also.

Good luck in getting it! Let us know what you think once you have it mounted.

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
Garmin 276C battery problem

I have a 276C and have had it a long time...don't remember when I got it. I have it hot wired to the GW battery and only turn it off manually at the end of the day. Now, when I turn off the igniton, it reads "battery is low".

Does this mean my 276C battery is no longer holding (taking) a charge and I need to replace it?

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ordered

Just ordered my Zumo 660 through the AMA program. Who knows when it will ship!??

Soon as I get mine or receive a shipping confromation, I'll post on here.

Please do the same.....

bluestreek just saw your question on price.

$639.99 before shipping. Also shows no tax on the receipt! Just N/A where the tax goes....

·
Registered
5,861 Posts
Just ordered my Zumo 660 through the AMA program. Who knows when it will ship!??

Soon as I get mine or receive a shipping confromation, I'll post on here.

Please do the same.....

bluestreek just saw your question on price.

$639.99 before shipping. Also shows no tax on the receipt! Just N/A where the tax goes....
do you have the web site for AMA

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
AMA Site

yes you have to be a member. take a look at the roadside service deal. no extra cost, you just have to sign up for auto renewal.

http://www.ama-cycle.org/

the website you need after you get your membership number into the AMA.

www.garmin.com/ama

sign up online and you get your membership number at the end of the process and you can order now.....

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
When....

Email I received when I questioned Garmin on when it would ship.....

Hi Ronnie,

The Zumo 660 is expected to begin shipping the week of 4/20/09. Thanks, Ronnie!

Thank you,
Renee Young
Garmin International

·
GL1800Riders Founder
1,813 Posts
Email I received when I questioned Garmin on when it would ship.....

Hi Ronnie,

The Zumo 660 is expected to begin shipping the week of 4/20/09. Thanks, Ronnie!

Thank you,
Renee Young
Garmin International
That's good news :doorag:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts