GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to all,
I have trouble getting calls and low volume and keeping connection through Bluetooth on my I Phone 5S . I hear the ring answers fine, I her the person calling, but they have trouble hearing me.This is all through my headsets All other functions are fine

·
Banned
146 Posts
I had same problem with my 665 Kept thinking it was my android gzone phone.. come find out it is the 665.. I just upgraded to the 590 and everything works fine now

·
Registered
119 Posts
I have the same problem with my 665. It drops the BT connection a lot and the only way I can get it to restore is to delete the connection and re-establish it. As soon as the Zumo is turned off, it drops the connection although it seems to think it is still connected. There is a lot of discussion about this on the zumo forums. Hopefully, Garmin will fix this in the next firmware update. I really like the 665 with XM/Sirius, which Garmin is not doing anymore. I do wonder if it has something to do with the XM portion since the 590 (at least as far as I know) doesn't support XM.

Here is a FB link for someone that seems to be waging a one man war about this.

Garmin has released 3.1 firmware that I just installed. It says it fixes the issues with music drop outs with some BT connections. Maybe it will fix this. I will try it later.

·
Banned
146 Posts
You are correct 590 does NOT have XM option.. But it will accept input from a smaller roady type xm (wired) receiver which I can then have the ctx pickup via BT from the garmin590

·
Registered
849 Posts
Do the latest update from Garmin on your 660/665 - it will fix many of the issues you are having... I believe that an earlier version of update solved the low volume problem and the latest update lets my phone marry right up with my 665 without my intervention - this NEVER used to happen before the update...

It is worth mentioning here that I use a "dumb phone" and not a smart phone... My old clunker dumb phone is an old Motorola RAZR V3... Yes, it's an old dumb phone but I have yet to find a GPS it wouldn't marry up to and work properly with - that's one of the reasons I keep it...

Anyway - do the latest update and report back - I'm pretty sure it will fix your problems...

Les

1 - 5 of 5 Posts