GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm impressed! I had not been using the MP3 function of my Zumo 665. I loaded up a 4 gig micro SD card with about 12 albums. It has a really nice interface and handles the MP3's well. It works much better than trying to use a CD input type MP3 player. It's easier to read than an IPOD and it's rain proof so you don't have to worry about it getting wet. You can setup playlists as well. And it has the advantage of being able to hear the GPS, XM, Phone, etc all on the same interface. I was impressed with it before. Much more so now. I suppose the only downside would be the limitation of a 4 gig micro SD card. You could certainly carry additional cards. But I'm good with the limitation. It certainly presents a good alternative to the MP3 players.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Are you saying that the 665 has a four gig limit, or that is the only size you have? The reason I ask is that I do not think that the 665 has such a limit, I have used both 8 and 16 gig cards in mine and they seem to work fine.

Thanks,
Tom

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm glad to know that. I thought there was a 4 gig limit. But I don't know where I came up with that. I've not tried a larger card.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Do any of you have the Zumo hooked up to be able to talk on your phone through it? If so what is your fix to do that?

I am looking at getting one and want that capability.

Thanks

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have had a 665 since May 2010. Use a bluetooth smart phone and Scala headset to communicate. The phone setup is easy,but it is quirky and moody. Works most of the time. Sometimes it takes several minutes for the phone to decide to make the call. The info displayed is impressive. I have many numbers in my phonebook. It will show the listings, missed calls,rec calls and places calls. All is well when it works. Best to pair phone then Scala. When things get goofed up, it is best to reboot the 665 and start over with all new setup. Also re the card. Maps,waypoints and music can be loaded on the card. When the 665 is USB to the computer, info can be placed to the card vs the 665 internal memory. Doing this you can load more routes and do not loose the info when the 665 is restored.
Hope this helps. Many hours spent with Garmin on the phone. They replaced the unit in May 11 when I could not get the phone to work correctly. Not sure but it may have been ok had I then known about the reset to reprogram the phone and 665 systems. This idea came from the Scala people and not Garmin.
Hope this info helps
Bruce

1 - 7 of 7 Posts