GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With out a gxm40 antenna hooked up to the unit should I see the icons for traffic and weather ? I know with no antenna it will search for subscription I just need to know are the icons present and on what screen.... Thanks !

·
Registered
463 Posts
I don't think you will see them. I have the same unit and can try disconnecting my antenna tonight. If they are there they will be on the right side of the map screen. The top icon is traffic, middle is low fuel and bottom is weather.

·
Premium Member
1,154 Posts
I have run my 665 on my other bike (which does not have the GMX 40 ) and never see the Traffic or Weather icons.

When I put it back on the wing, XM Radio works fine and I don't see the Traffic or Weather icons for a few minutes while the system syncs in ( I guess that is the best way to say it)

In other words those icons are never present when I start the unit, with XM antenna connected or not.

I assume the software takes some time to find the signal and then the icons appear. Time frame 5 to 20 minutes depending but I have never measured it.

And just to clarify, the middle icon is "music" and "low fuel" only when the low fuel mileage set point is reached.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts