GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a question for you Zumo owners with far more expertise than me. I am considering buying a Zumo 550. However, I currently have Sirius radio that I'm using in my car and 1800. Since Sirius and XM have merged, have any of you transferred your Sirius subscription to XM to use with the Zumo or do you know if it can be done? Also, I would ideally like to be able to listen to the GPS, radar, have the ability to make or receive a phone call, mp3 thru the headset or external speakers. What would I need to make this happen?

thanks

·
Registered
672 Posts
I have no experience with the Zumo specifically, but I wanted to buy an XM portable radio and transfer my subscription from my Sirius radio in my Jeep Cherokee to it, and they told me that I couldn't transfer a subscription from a Sirius device to an XM device. No way, no how.

Ridiculous as that sounds/is, that was what they told me. I ended up getting a Sirius radio for free after telling them to terminate my service, but that's another story.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I have a Zumo 660 mounted on the left clutch perch using a RAM mount and connected with the Kennedy Tech. stuff into the intercom. The Sirius radio is mounted on the right brake perch with a RAM mount. I listen via the headset to the route instruction, satellite radio, CB radio, and answer incoming phone calls via bluetooth through the Zumo. Works great.

·
Banned
2,963 Posts
Have a question for you Zumo owners with far more expertise than me. I am considering buying a Zumo 550. However, I currently have Sirius radio that I'm using in my car and 1800. Since Sirius and XM have merged, have any of you transferred your Sirius subscription to XM to use with the Zumo or do you know if it can be done? Also, I would ideally like to be able to listen to the GPS, radar, have the ability to make or receive a phone call, mp3 thru the headset or external speakers. What would I need to make this happen?

thanks

ONly XM on the Zumo and they will not combine the tow services I just tried

Most straight forward way to make calls is just use a MIC splitter and then connect the audio out to your AUX, with the Zumo make sure you use an isolated AUX cable to avoid noise that GPS units generate

1 - 4 of 4 Posts