GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my 665 in and after all the updates and such. I plan to mount it next week.

I plan to hard wire it in to the battery. Any advice or tips would be helpful.

There are four bolts that I need since they didnt come with the mount. These bolts attach the ram ball to the gps mount (where the unit attaches)

·
Registered
818 Posts
One suggestion I would make is to consider the Touratech mount. I didn't have any problems with the Garmin mount, but I got nervous after reading some posts where people didn't have it snapped in well and almost lost it. I also wanted something that locks onto the bike. So I got the Touratech mount and a locking RAM knob. I have it mounted to one of the Motorcycle Larry clutch reservoir Ram mounts. I also have mine wired to the battery but I do use one of the EC Accessory fuse blocks.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cool thanks for the advice. I found the ram bolts.

Now to the wiring and moutnign. If I dont like the mount Ill def be researching options.

·
Registered
293 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
FYI on the 665. I got a 665 when my 550 gor Altzimers(?). On a trip to Michigan mt XM quit recieving. I finally called Garmin and found the GXM 40 was too close to the 665 so I moved it to the dash and all is well.
I guess the Xm and 665 Sat signals got crossed being that close togather. Didn't bother the 550.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts