GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just looking at the stuff that Garmin sent witht he Zumo. I was surprised not to see one of those bean bag style mounts to use in your car. They do have a mount with a ram stick pad on it. I do not care, but may not have an option, to use this style. So what do you all use when using the Zumo in the car?

Update....My error in this one. I might as well start a list of errors I am going to make when figuring out this GPS stuff. It has a suction cup on the end of it. I thought it was a sticky mount and you leave the mount in the car when you leave. I did not like this as everyone will think my unit is in there 24/7. i have not tried the mount in the truck yet, as my truck is in the shop, but it works well on my desk.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
twohondas said:
My car mount sucks to the windshield or optionally to the dash with the sticky thingamiggig.
Where in the shield did you mount it? I was thinking the lower the better and did not want to obstruct my view.

I was thinking it would stick on the dash. I just tried the rental I have, minivan(what fun and not by choice) and it seems pretty good in holding.

·
Registered
478 Posts
SC Steve said:
twohondas said:
My car mount sucks to the windshield or optionally to the dash with the sticky thingamiggig.
Where in the shield did you mount it? I was thinking the lower the better and did not want to obstruct my view.

I was thinking it would stick on the dash. I just tried the rental I have, minivan(what fun and not by choice) and it seems pretty good in holding.
I went as low as I could go on the windshield (not really since it is illegal in CA I think to suck on the windshield) Top of Dash would work but I did not want to look down away from the road in the car.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts