GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of buying a Zumo GPS, wife will use it in car for real estate, I'll use it on bike... Question is what is GB (# songs stored) on MP3 player , was going Ipod route but Zumo has it , Best of both worlds? Does it shuffle songs?....read Garmin web site and could not find any info....Thanx for any help!! Wilpir :? :?

·
Registered
4,157 Posts
The internal storage on the zumo is very small, about 50MB. However, it takes SD cards and that gives you unlimited expansion. Currently I'm using a 1G SD card and it holds enough music to keep me happy for a couple of weeks.

Yes, it shuffles songs.

SD cards can be had up to 8G.

·
Registered
319 Posts
wilpir said:
I'm thinking of buying a Zumo GPS, wife will use it in car for real estate, I'll use it on bike... Question is what is GB (# songs stored) on MP3 player , was going Ipod route but Zumo has it , Best of both worlds? Does it shuffle songs?....read Garmin web site and could not find any info....Thanx for any help!! Wilpir :? :?
What Rastoff says is spot on.

As far as numbers, may I add: I'm currently using a 4GB card in my Zumo and have it half filled (about 520 MP3's). If I continue I will double that. So IF you had a 4GB card you could conceivably put about 100 CDs on it. That'd last long enough for just about anybody, huh?! :wink: Alternatively, should you get tired of those (and I admit, you could), then just switch over to your XM radio for virtually unlimited songs, many of which you've never heard. I LOVE my Zumo. (Just did the Bluetooth thing with it over the weekend -- gadZOOKS - FUN!) :D

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:D Thanx guys just the answers I was looking for !! P.S. just how much do SD cards cost? Thanx again Wilpir :D :D :D

·
Registered
319 Posts
wilpir said:
:D Thanx guys just the answers I was looking for !! P.S. just how much do SD cards cost? Thanx again Wilpir :D :D :D
Speaking for myself, you're welcome. As for the cost, on sale, very roughly anywhere from $15-25 for 1GB to $75 for a 4GB. An 8GB is still in the mid-$200's -- not worth it. Happy storing!

·
Registered
206 Posts
Mike, I finally got my BT working and what is COOL is that I can put my cell phone in my pouch and if I get a CALL I will be NOTIFIED and then I know who is calling if CALLERID indentifies them on my 2820 so then at the next stop I can call them back or listen to my VOICEMAIL!!!

VERY COOL FEATURE WITHOUT HAVING TO TALK ON THE PHONE WHILE RIDING!!!

·
Registered
4,157 Posts

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
wilpir said:
You will like this better because of the handlebar controls too.

Yes it does shuffle.
I bought 2 - 2GB cards at Staples for $30 each, they hold over 500 songs each.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts