GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed a couple of things and wanted to mention them to you.

When you first start your new zumo it will ask you what language you want. I picked British English because that voice has been clearer on my other units. I noticed it wasn't speaking the street names like advertised. I called Garmin. They told me that you have to select one of the voices with TTS (Text To Speach) after it. Then it will speak the street names. It even speaks the names of Waypoints you enter.

Note: The "Jill" voice really sounds exasperated when it says recalculating. I laugh every time.

·
Squating Member
7,058 Posts
She sounds the same on my 2720, funny.....

I'm waiting for her to come back with " you can kiss my british A$$" "Find you own %&#%$ way"..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
705 Posts
Rastoff,

The "Jill" voice really sounds exasperated when it says recalculating. I laugh every time
:cry:

Thats because Jack already went down the hill with Annie and left Jill with the bucket :twisted:

·
Registered
6,891 Posts
This is true of all the 'Text to Speech' units - if you want the synthesized spoken street names, you'll need to use a 'TTS' speech file.

Remember that downloading additional voice files decreases the available storage space on the internal memory.

·
Registered
4,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Jon said:
This is true of all the 'Text to Speech' units - if you want the synthesized spoken street names, you'll need to use a 'TTS' speech file.

Remember that downloading additional voice files decreases the available storage space on the internal memory.
Is there a place where we can delete excess speach files? I don't think I'll need French, Dutch, German, Spanish, ebonics....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts