GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm so ticked off, someone stole my Zumo today. Does anyone know if the new models fit in the older style handlebar mount? Thanks

·
SuperModerator
3,368 Posts

·
Registered
7,087 Posts
To answer the question, no - the new ones are not compatible with the 660-665 mount. There are used ones on eBay, but still the irritation of the theft and a couple of hundred bucks gone.

Or buy the new zumo XT for $500. Either way, it's painful.

Reactions: Ride with the wind

·
Registered
92 Posts
When I got my new Zumo 595 I decided I wanted a way to keep it secure. Especially for those unattended times ... like fuel, restroom or food. This one works! Zumolock Three years later, still happy with this product. BTW, I remove it for overnight stays.

·
Registered
8,084 Posts
ha

had 660/665 style and don't even see them available anymore the new ones have different backs it appears?
There are a couple right now in the "Classifieds For Sale" section. I think they are very overpriced though... You could almost move up to a 590/5 for the $400 range if you're patient enough to wait. The new XT looks nice but if you use features like the TPMS and music wired to your bike, you'd have to give those up. I'll be sticking with my 590 for those reasons.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Used 660s can be had for less <= $200 or so. Keep in mind that the 660 is 11 year old technology now. The XT is a great replacement but you will need to change the mount and wiring harness. Also, if you have the 660 connected to the audio on the bike, the XT has bluetooth only audio. It does not have wired audio out so you would need a bluetooth dongle to connect to the bike's audio system.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Sorry to hear about the theft. That sort of thing really burns me up.
If you're interested in a zumo 590 I have one I'll sell for $250 + shipping.
Look up the features and see if it works for you. You will definitely need to swap the harness.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
That’s a good price. 👍👍

If you’re looking for a brand new replacement, Cycle max Ohio is selling new 595’s for $549, and new XT’s for $499.99.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts