GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to be able to hook both the Zumo and the iPod/iPhone thru the AUX cable in the left pocket. Is this as simple as using a splitter or does someone offer a specific harness for this.

What I want is to be able to hear the iPod thru the headset, and also get the GPS guidance at the same time...Possible? Oh yea, and if it is possible, will both auto mute when talking on the intercom?

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
I want to be able to hook both the Zumo and the iPod/iPhone thru the AUX cable in the left pocket. Is this as simple as using a splitter or does someone offer a specific harness for this.

What I want is to be able to hear the iPod thru the headset, and also get the GPS guidance at the same time...Possible? Oh yea, and if it is possible, will both auto mute when talking on the intercom?

Thanks for your help.
The zumo dose have a mp3 play in it just use that. put all your song on a SD card and play it.

·
Registered
19,236 Posts
String this out more, in detail how do you use your Zumo 550 and what brand of harness do you have? The more specific the better. Thanks

·
Registered
7,560 Posts
String this out more, in detail how do you use your Zumo 550 and what brand of harness do you have? The more specific the better. Thanks
If you only require the zumo, you just need an extension cable to connect the output from the side of the zumo to the aux input in (or under) the LH pocket. The aux input is the cable that should have been supplied with the bike or installed by the dealer -- it connects to a harness plug under the LH pocket.

The extension cable can be run in/under the handlebar to the triple tree neck and then under the shelter to the pocket area.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts