GL1800Riders Forums banner
121 - 135 of 135 Posts

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #121 ·
I picked up this beauty and traded in my 12 a few weeks ago. I shopped about 7 dealers and negotiated the difference, I didn't care how they tweaked their numbers. Some lowballed my trade but had a 2k discount off list, others fair trade and 1k off msrp. Final dealer, which was also the closest, couldn't come off list, but gave me 1k more on trade than anyone else so basically the differences were close across the 3 top dealers. I would recommend Honda of Michigan City (Michigan City, IN) as the experience was great and the pricing, especially in this inflated market, was fair.

View attachment 392364
Congrats! Nice bike…..
It’s almost impossible to figure out what your actually paying on a new bike when you have a trade involved.
As long as the out the door $$ is to your satisfaction it doesn’t really matter how they get there.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Aloha funnkypunk,

Congratulations on a beautiful ride.
All that matters is that you were happy with the deal.
Let them do all the dancing and when they’re done, you just say yes or no.
It was also nice of you to mention a dealer when they treat you right.
Enjoy your new ride. 👍

·
Registered
163 Posts
Since it appears that even those previously deep discount dealers have been selling at MSRP for about a year now
I live near the famous discount southeast TN dealer, not only do they no longer discount, but they wouldn't even put me on their list for the bike I wanted ('21 all black DCT Tour). He said the list was far too long. I lucked out finding the bike I wanted at a dealer that doesn't do lists, I luckily happened to call just as the crate was coming off of the 18 wheeler. I got a small discount off of MSRP and was happy with the deal.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
I live near the famous discount southeast TN dealer, not only do they no longer discount, but they wouldn't even put me on their list for the bike I wanted ('21 all black DCT Tour). He said the list was far too long. I lucked out finding the bike I wanted at a dealer that doesn't do lists, I luckily happened to call just as the crate was coming off of the 18 wheeler. I got a small discount off of MSRP and was happy with the deal.
Bought 5 Goldwings from them including my 2018 in Feb 2018. Deposit in November 2017 and serial number 244.
Called and emailed regarding possible trade in for 2021 with virtually no response and call back.
Unheard of from them and certainly from repeat customer.
Appears no inventory and and no discounts.
Times have changed.
May just buy trunk from Corbin and saddle bags skins from KD Cycle trike conversion and almost have 2021 for less than $1500.
Just pondering

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
163 Posts
Bought 5 Goldwings from them including my 2018 in Feb 2018. Deposit in November 2017 and serial number 244.
Called and emailed regarding possible trade in for 2021 with virtually no response and call back.
Unheard of from them and certainly from repeat customer.
Appears no inventory and and no discounts.
I was there a few weeks back to pick up a gallon jug of GN4, the showroom is empty but for a few older unloved used bikes. They have nothing to sell, and as others have said on this thread, I think the days of surplus Goldwings and big discounts are long gone.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I live near the famous discount southeast TN dealer, not only do they no longer discount, but they wouldn't even put me on their list for the bike I wanted ('21 all black DCT Tour).
I live in near Memphis and when I decided to buy, I went there first. Rode all the way out there for a test ride (well, I was heading for the Dragon so it was a stop on the way). When I called the sales guy I worked with, they quoted me flat MSRP+ fees. I was hugely disappointed because I have been hearing about these guys for almost 20 years. I ended up buying from Jonesboro but got a handful of other good quotes (I69 in Union City TN, a couple in Missouri, and a another in AR).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Last week I tried to input a street address. It was ## West Main Street. I really just wanted to get the number address in so I would know where to turn. I tried various renditions of "West", "W", "Main St. West", Main Street W", etc. but I had no success. It was not able to find the street number or name in the town the business was in.

Again, I think it's adequate, but definitely not state of the art.

State of the art to me means having ALL the features, bells and whistles of let's say, oh, I don't know... Garmin perhaps.
Can you answer a question about the Goldwing's Sat Nav for me please? Does it have "Lane Assist" like a Garmin?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Can you answer a question about the Goldwing's Sat Nav for me please? Does it have "Lane Assist" like a Garmin?
Not to my knowledge. I downloaded the manual, which is 254 pages, and haven't gotten that far yet. I won't have the bike for about 4 weeks. I'll let you know for sure when I finish the novel, or get the bike, whichever comes first. 😄

·
Registered
2021 GL1800B
15 Posts
Yes, I does have lane assist.

"The intersection view screen displays a view of the upcoming intersection and which lane you should be driving."
Page 61 of the Navigation Manual.

121 - 135 of 135 Posts